The parish church, dedicated to Saint Andrea apostle, was planned by Antonio Spiazzi.
The curvilinear tympanum softens the formal severity of the front face, also refined by the artistic little portal in Botticino marble, showing in the cartouche the date 1767. The church presents itself with a longitudinal plan, with a rectangular nave and a square-table presbytery which extends into a slightly hinted apse, whose bottom wall bends forming a curved space.
On the whole the inside is harmonious and not lacking a monumental solemnity. The veils depict the Apostles, while in the coverings an anonymous artist depicted some episodes dedicated to Saint Andrea.
The main altarpiece is frescoed with Saint Andrea’s crucifixion, signed by Esine’s artist Antonio Guadagnini and dated 1883. The four side altars, true monuments of marble art, frame some beautiful 18th-century altarpieces attributed to Carlo Carloni and Sante Cattaneo.
WHAT TO SEE
The altarpieces by Carlo Carloni.
IN THE SURROUNDINGS
Church of St. Andrea the old; church of St. Maria al Ponte; Civic
ethnographic Museum of Iron Le Fudine; Museum of Lambich - Civic
ethnographic Museum of the Alembic; Barberino natural Park.