The present-day parish was built after the demolition, in 1711, of the old church and was finished in 1722. In 1900 it underwent remarkable restorations, by Cavallotti; then it was remodelled in 1958, in 1964, after the damages from the flood in 1960, and in 1988.
The front face is divided into two orders dominated by a cornice: the upper part is characterized by a stucco decoration and a fresco typical of the 18th century, the lower part by the portal in Sarnico stone. On the flowerbed, at the foot of the parvis steps, there is space for the monument to Father Zaccaria Fiorini, with the stylized figure made by Sergio Rota Sperti (1986). Inside instead one can admire the frescoes in the nave, youthful work by Antonio Guadagnini, the four side altars in marble, attributed to the artists Vittorio Novi and Francesco Carnevali, and the niches with 18th-century statues representing several Saints. Of great importance is the presbytery, with the 18th-century high altar which includes, behind the marble balustrade, the great oil canvas representing the Madonna on a throne with St. Michele, St. Rocco, St. Antonio from Padua and St. Stefano. On one side of the presbytery there is space for the choir and on the other the wooden organ from the 18th century.
WHAT TO SEE
Outside, the monument to Father Zaccaria Fiorini; inside, the frescoes by Guadagnini, in the nave, and the wooden organ.
IN THE SURROUNDINGS
The little square of via Cimavilla “the courtyard of common memory”, with the works by F. Ghitti; the historical centre, with the Massari home, the ex Fiorini home, the Viola home, the Mondinini home, the Pedretti home, the Fiorini-Marchetti home, the Town Hall, the Press fountain and the War Memorial; the Parish church; the church of St. Rocco (on the valley bottom, at the head of town).